When you sign up with YHT, you know exactly who is going to train you and you have ample opportunity to meet or speak to them before the first day of the course.
We don't have dozens of classes, venues or tutors because we feel the quality of our training is better when things are kept smaller and personal.
My name is Debbie Waller and if you sign up with YHT, I will be your class tutor. You are welcome to contact me at any time with questions, before or during your time as a YHT student.
I fell into hypnotherapy more or less by accident but now can't imagine myself doing anything else. It's a fantastic way to earn a living, and so rewarding starting other people off on the same path. I still have a busy therapy practice which runs alongside the school, as I feel it's important I am 'at the coal face' working as a therapist while I am teaching.
And in whatever time that leaves, I'm an author - I edit, publish and write for Hypnotherapy Training and Practitioner online magazine, co-authored the Hypnotherapy Handbook, and more recently published my own book, Their Worlds, Your Words. I'm also the editor of the NCH Hypnotherapy Journal and will be speaking at the UK Hypnosis Convention in 2021.
My next book, provisionally titled the 'Hypnotherapist's Companion' will be out late 2020.
I had 15 years experience as a voluntary advisor/counsellor for a national charity and was awarded a First Class degree from Leeds Metropolitan University before becoming qualified as a Hypnotherapist and Stress Management Coach early in 2003.
Since then I have run a busy hypnotherapy and stress management practice, working both with one-to-one clients, businesses and groups in West and North Yorkshire. I also designed and ran self-hypnosis and meditation classes for Selby Council's adult education department but this stopped when I needed more time for my hypnotherapy clients and other training commitments.
I then taught hypnotherapy for a large UK therapy training organisation for three years, taking many students to practitioner level, before establishing Yorkshire Hypnotherapy Training and becoming Senior Trainer of this course. I still carry out the majority of the training and take this very seriously. As well as therapy, I have qualifications in training (and training online since the advent of COVD restrictions) to ensure that you have the highest quality learning experience I can provide.
I am registered with the GHR as an Advanced Hypnotherapy Practitioner, and as a Fellow with the ACCPH, the highest level of membership available in both cases. I've completed a Certificate in Clinical Supervision that's approved by the BPS (British Psychological Society), the only UK psychology and psychotherapy body established by Royal Charter and one of the primary national leads in determining national recommendations on clinical supervision across a range of groups and helping professions.
In the picture you'll see me speaking at the UK Hypnosis Convention in London on Goal Modelling - a therapeutic protocol I developed from work on change management done at Cranfield University.
You'll find me on the UK Register of Learning Providers, UKPRN: 10035241.
My professional memberships include
- General Hypnotherapy Register (Advanced Practitioner, Accredited Trainer, Supervisor)
- ACCPH (Fellow/Accredited Trainer)
- National Smoking Cessation Institute
- Central Register of Stop Smoking Therapists
- International Stress Management Association (Affiliate level)
- International Board of Certified Trainers
My professional qualifications include
- BA (Hons), First Class, in Humanities and Social Studies (Psychology/Literature), Leeds Metropolitan University
- Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy from Sunnycoast Hypnotherapy Training
- Senior Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice, from the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- Advanced Diploma of Professional Stress Management, at Distinction level, from the College of Integrated Therapies
- Hypnotherapy Diploma from Wakefield School of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Neuro-Linguistic Programming from Wakefield School of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
- Corporate Stress Consultant from the Mindcare Organisation, UK
- Certificate in Assertiveness Training from the College of Integrated Therapies
- Diploma in Smoking Cessation Therapy from the College of Integrated Therapies
- Anxiety Specialist, UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts and Sciences
- Certificate in IBS treatment by Gut Oriented Metaphor
- Diploma in Anger Management at Distinction level, from the College of Integrated Therapies
- Blast Technique, EMDR, PTSD & Trauma Certificate, from Warwickshire School of Hypnotherapy
Training and Supervision:
- Train the Trainer (IML endorsed)
- Certified Therapy Teacher Diploma from Gladden Therapy Training
- International Board of Certified Trainers accreditation
- Essential Supervision Skills (British Psychological Society Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision)
- Teacher training - how to teach online
- Take your teaching online (OU Badged course)
From time to time we invite guest tutors and speakers when they have specialist knowledge that would benefit our students.
Some of our regulars include:
Helen Kitchen - social media and PR
David Waller - how to make your own CDs, IT support
Karen Hayward - Mental Health First Aid
If you train with us you are also likely to meet some of our more experienced graduates, who offer 121 support and feedback to students undergoing practical assessments.
The Core Curriculum says some of your work - both practical and theoretical - should be marked by someone other than your tutor. Generally, one person looks at your work during the course, and the other is responsible for your summative assessment at the end.
Our regular independent assessors are listed here, although if either of them is not available someone else who is appropriately qualified will be appointed.
Kathleen Roberts is a qualified and experienced further education lecturer. After teaching in FE colleges, she worked for the Yorkshire and Humberside Association for Further and Higher Education, initially on examinations and assessment programmes and later as the Assistant Education Officer for adult and community learning in the region.
As a freelance consultant, she has worked for a range of public sector bodies including the Leeds Adult Community Learning Service, where she worked on quality improvement initiatives, including the development of a classroom observation system for tutors and a training programme for observers. She is also an expert assessor for the EU’s Erasmus+ programme and specialises in the areas of VET (vocational education and training) and adult education.
Kathleen trained with YHT and currently works as a hypnotherapist and life coach in Harrogate; she also runs stress management and positivity workshops for corporate clients.
I am a fully qualified and practising hypnotherapist and therapeutic supervisor. I am an accredited registrant of the National Hypnotherapy Society (BT00X820) and I am also registered as a member of the GHR. Before entering the world of hypnotherapy, I spent nine years in education with a variety of different roles supporting individuals in a group and one-to-one basis, and in classroom settings. I have been responsible for teaching. I have always been an active learner, and I’ve always sought to pass on my enthusiasm for learning in a variety of different subjects.
I run my own, and jointly run, CPD courses accredited courses to actively pass on the learning bug and encourage others to seek new knowledge to better themselves in whatever profession may suit them; after all, I believe that education is something that someone is passionate about and leaving the world in a better place than they found it.
As with any of my roles in providing therapeutic CPD education, I do not necessarily see myself as a provider but a facilitator to help individuals better themselves whilst maintaining the highest possible standards to give students the confidence to practice effectively in the therapeutic field.