Hypnotherapy training entry requirements
Your personality, enthusiasm and life experience are the most valuable things you can bring to this course. We, therefore, have few formal entry requirements, and all are chosen to make sure you can get the best from your learning with us. Whether you want to undertake Practitioner level training or a Foundation level course, students from all backgrounds are welcome.
What we are looking for in our students:
- A genuine interest in people, and a desire to help them
- The enthusiasm, motivation and time to attend, meet course deadlines and complete assignments
- To be over 21
- To have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English, as we are currently unable to offer the course in other languages
In practical terms you also need:
- A few volunteers to practice your new skills on - if you think this element may be a problem for you, don't panic. We can sometimes help you find suitable people, and you can meet up with other students outside the class to practice on one another. If you're still worried, ask us for more information, and/or send your friends and family to read our 'volunteer's eye view' of hypnotherapy training.
- The ability to produce typed/printed essays and case studies (or a really good friend who can type them for you!)
- The ability to send and receive emails, as we tend to communicate this way between classes
You do NOT need any specific formal qualifications, nor is it necessary to have any previous experience of hypnosis, hypnotherapy or any other complementary therapies. Some of our students do have this, but everything you need to pass will be taught on the course.
You will be offered an informal interview before we confirm your place; this is generally carried out on the phone. It is not needed if you have been to one of our hypnotherapy training taster days.
If you have looked at our enrolment form you will have found that it asks about your health and whether you have a criminal record. This is not just being nosy, it's so we can ensure our course is accessible to you, and advise you about whether you will be able to get insurance and practice as a hypnotherapist after you graduate.
A 'yes' answer to any of the questions doesn't necessarily rule this out, but we think it's better to check before you have spent time and money on the course rather than afterwards.
If you are not yet sure, try a taster day.